Succession planning helps to ensure your smooth transition can occur when you’re ready to retire or sell your business. At Waterfront Financial Group, we believe succession planning should include the long-term goal of retirement, but should also focus on contingency planning to protect against unexpected events.
Our advisors are experienced working with business owners and executives to identify and develop key positions and talent, conduct a business valuation analysis, and develop comprehensive succession planning strategies that help you better manage your workforce and minimize business risks.
A business succession plan can help you:
- Time your exit to maximize value (eliminating the risk of a fire sale)
- Ensure continuity of service for your clients or customers
- Provide for an efficient transfer of business to a successor or buyer of your choosing
- Retire on your schedule
- Remove emotional decision-making
- Provide career-path opportunities to existing associates and/or elevate key employees to owners
- Coordinate with your personal estate plan to minimize estate taxes
- Plan for the unexpected